Appian Drives Productivity Revolution with Generative AI Strategy and Expanded AI Roadmap
Process automation leader delivers practical value for professional low-code developers.
"Appian incorporates AI in a practical manner that delivers real customer value," said
Appian recently announced OpenAI/ChatGPT low-code integration and that ChatGPT is trained on Appian's declarative SAIL expression language. Appian also unveiled the Appian AI Skill Designer, a simple and powerful way for organizations to create custom AI machine learning models that don't require giving their sensitive data to a public AI platform.
Today, Appian delivered two new AI plug-ins to the Appian AppMarket:
- Appian Azure OpenAI Connected System: Appian increases freedom of choice for customers wanting to use cutting edge generative AI in their business processes. With this low-code connector, your business can seamlessly connect to Azure's OpenAI Service and combine generative AI with enterprise-grade data security governance.
- Appian Pinecone Connected System: Using the new low-code integration to Pinecone's vector database, users can query their Appian document knowledge base and retrieve intelligent results based on the semantic meaning of their question. Used in tandem with OpenAI, this integration enables users to chat with their private data and receive contextually relevant information from generative AI.
Expanded AI roadmap.
The Appian Platform is built on an enterprise-ready AI architecture that is delivering real business value today. Our key architectural components make it easy to leverage AI, including our patented SAIL and Data Fabric, our AI Skill Designer for building private AI services, and our ability to easily incorporate AI in end-to-end process automations.
Appian is continuing to bring innovative generative AI capabilities to market in upcoming releases, including:
- Instant generation of digitized forms from PDFs through AI document understanding.
- Appian is combining the power of large language models (LLM) with additional AI training of our SAIL architecture and our document understanding capabilities to develop a new generative AI capability for instant understanding and creation of new applications from existing PDF documents.
- Self-service analytics through AI-powered queries of the Appian Data Fabric with natural language.
- 94% of new Appian customers have adopted our revolutionary Data Fabric. Appian is combining our Data Fabric with generative AI and natural language understanding to create a revolutionary capability for self-service analytics. This will empower every user to discover insights from the Appian Data Fabric to improve business operations.
- AI-generated workflows assembled on-the-fly based on natural language prompts.
- Appian is training LLM and AI to understand the core nature of workflow and process patterns to support AI-generated workflows. This will empower users to build workflow orchestrations with natural language prompts, further breaking down barriers in human-machine collaboration.
- AI-enabled out-of-the-box solutions.
- Appian already delivered AI-generated RFI creation within its Government Acquisition suite and Case Management suite of solutions. New and existing Appian solutions will be imbued with AI capabilities.
"Appian believes low-code and AI are a perfect match," said
Appian looks forward to releasing expanded generative AI features in our Appian 23.3 release, scheduled for
To learn more about Appian's vision for AI and next-generation enterprise platforms, tune into our webinar, Next-Gen Enterprise Platforms: Leveraging Generative AI, Automation, and Data Fabric.
This press release includes forward-looking statements. All statements contained in this press release other than statements of historical facts are forward-looking statements. The words "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "will" and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Appian has based these forward-looking statements largely on its current expectations and projections about future events and financial trends that Appian believes may affect its financial condition, results of operations, business strategy, short-term and long-term business operations and objectives and financial needs. Those forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, the risks and uncertainties set forth in the "Risk Factors" section of Appian's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended
Appian is a software company that automates business processes. The Appian Platform includes everything you need to design, automate, and optimize even the most complex processes, from start to finish. The world's most innovative organizations trust Appian to improve their workflows, unify data, and optimize operations—resulting in better growth and superior customer experiences. For more information, visit appian.com. [Nasdaq: APPN]
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/appian-drives-productivity-revolution-with-generative-ai-strategy-and-expanded-ai-roadmap-301848184.html
Valerie Miller, Senior Manager, Media Relations, North America, email@example.com